Interested in being a part of Sleepy Hollow? Come audition for us! We accept all students of all backgrounds and experience levels going into the 6th grade to recent high school graduates.
No matter what, there is a place for you!
All Auditions are held at
Trinity Lutheran Community Church
502 N. 4th St Bismarck, ND
1) Everyone is welcome. Those audition dates are a clean slate. A chance for a new beginning. As you have seen before, anything is possible when you audition and audition well. Get out of your head and fear and do the best that you can do. You owe it to yourself. So, make the most of the opportunity that you are given.
2) Prepare a song. Create a story. Live in that story. Make us as the auditionees see and feel that story that you are creating. Live in the character that you are creating.
3) Prepare two songs if you like. Sometimes one isn't enough. I can't promise that you will sing it but always good to be overly prepared.
4) I know a lot of you have competition songs, sing one of them but then sing something musical theatre. It is good to hear your voice in different styles.
5) If you want to be considered for a lead, memorize your music and be prepared. This is musical theatre so you need to ACT the song. Not just sing it. The most important part of singing is telling a STORY.
6) If you record, we will have the Bluetooth ready to use. However, if you want to be considered for a lead, you should audition without holding your phone and have it memorized. If you just want ensemble, then
7) Be prepared to dance. Your dance audition is as important as your singing and acting. Everyone will audition with dance ether March 28 or 29 from 400-500 pm.
8) Have fun and don't be afraid. Show up and commit.
9) The Audition Workshop is designed to improve your skills and take away the mystery and fear of the audition space. Participate. Learn.
May 14 & 15, Thursday and Friday, 2020
6-8 pm at Trinity Lutheran Church
2020 MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL SHOW AUDITIONS:
May 16 & 17, 1:00-8:00 pm
Dance Call: Every two hours
*Please indicate if you are auditioning for scholarships
WHAT TO BRING: (See above for more info)
-Yourself; 90% is showing up
-Your registration information and fees
-Comfortable clothes; At the end of the two hours there will be a short dance audition.
-A short song or "Happy Birthday." If you want to be considered for a part, choose a song that is appropriate and bring sheet music.
An accompanist will be provided. You may be asked to read a short passage from the shows.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES:
Don't forget to register for classes and lessons online or in person. This is an excellent way to improve your performing and visual arts skills!
Confused about what show to audition for?
EQUAL RIGHTS POLICY:
o-No one will be discriminated against based on race, religion, ability, financial status, age, gender, and/or sexual orientation.
o-Bullying, harassment of any kind, alienation or outbursts of any anger or violence will not be tolerated and will be terms for recasting.